Monday 8 August 2011

In Memoriam

I haven't made any updates for a while, because my mother recently passed away. Somehow, posting about it on my blog seemed too trivial. Yet likewise, just carrying on as normal after a pause without saying anything, felt wrong as a well.

So I shall try to keep it simple. She will be remembered and loved always, by her friends and family. She was an inspiration for me in so many ways, whilst being supportive, enthusiastic and proud of my endeavours.

How many people can say that their parent, in their 70s, still enjoyed watching Harry Potter to Legally Blonde, read Terry Pratchett, played on their Nintendo DS, and instantly got the joke when you quoted some miscellaneous film reference such as “If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too” or mentioned a scruffy looking Nerf herder? Few, I can imagine.

She will always remain an inspiration, a moral guide, and someone I shall endeavour to make proud.

From the stars we came,
To the stars we return.

All work is the © copyright of W.D.Lee and/or the respective companies, individuals or organisations to which the work is related. No infringement is intentional. No reproduction or copying is permitted without express permission.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope you're doing ok.
    ~RS6825

    ReplyDelete